Sunday 21 October 2012

Teaching Mindfulness in the Classroom

The videos that I posted previously are summaries of the first three Mindup lessons. The purpose of these summaries is to help my colleagues learn the basic information to convey to students before using Mindup's "core practice" with them. In the book, there are handout sheets to accompany these lessons and there are numerous activities that can be done with students to help them learn and remember this material. I have not explained the "core practice" as I don't want people to feel that there is no reason to buy the book The Mindup Curriculum Brain-Focused Strategies for Learning-- and Living. My next post will go over some mindfulness exercises that I have used in the classroom before I came across this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment